- Winner, EurekAlert’s No. 1 Most-Viewed Story of 2014, “Wage disclosures for public officials lead to salary cuts, high turnover rates,” 179,434 views.
- Winner, 2013 Golden Quill Awards (Non-Daily Newspaper, History/Culture Article or Series), “YRBFYR OTHN: Nicholas Rescher Resurrects History’s First Sophisticated Wartime Coding Machine,” written for the Pitt Chronicle.
- Finalist, 2013 Golden Quill Awards (Non-Daily Newspaper, Health/Science/Environment Article or Series), “Like a Noisy Political Campaign, Grassroots Neurons Wire and Fire Together for Dominance in the Brain,” written for the Pitt Chronicle
- Nominee, 2nd Annual Media & Mental Health Awards (Internet News Story), 2012 PRISM Awards Capitol Showcase, “Why Living in the Moment is Impossible,” written for University of Pittsburgh.
- Gold Accolade, Magazine Staff Writing, 2010 CASE Awards, “Break Bread. Break Boards. Break Dance.” written for UMBC.